Friday, March 11, 2011

365 days...

Friday, March 12, 2010. I would have never guessed that one day could change a person’s life so much. I have learned more in one year’s time than probably all my years before then combined. Medical terms I would have never known are now a part of my every day vocabulary. Emotions have gone higher and lower than ever thought possible. Love, support and, prayers have been the greatest of my life.

Overall, the year has gone supernaturally well. Randy and I cannot believe how good I have felt most of these past 365 days. Fatigue comes and go, but I can count on one hand the days I did not feel very perky. God has answered so many prayers (big and small), I cannot list them all.

Most people would probably say how something like this would draw you closer to God. While that is very true, I could not imagine getting through one of these days, let alone 365, without Him.

This is not a journey I would have ever selected for myself. But “our” ways are not always “God’s" ways.

After my diagnosis, the kids (and Randy) gave me a care package with the following message:

Cancer is so limited.
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope (Jeremiah 29:11)
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the spirit.

CANCER…..CANNOT!

1 comment:

  1. Faith means believing in advance what will happen in reverse.

    From the very beginning I felt, yes; your faith, both of your faith was strong enough to feel, I felt it strong enough for God to use in miraculous ways. Doctors can tell us days, weeks, months -- but they can't take that HOPE from us and as long as we have that 'faith as strong as a mustard seed' and it appears you taught your kids well, God can defy the doctors' odds. It doesn't mean it will take everything away, but you've had such meaningful time and shared more 'memories' and showed more Christians how to believe and have faith.
    Bonnie Keen wrote this,

    Embrace the day and hold it near
    It will not pass this way again
    Then maybe we'll discover
    A miracle uncovered
    When the new begins again.

    God bless you both as He is doing and my prayers are always with you and your family. I love you both and thank you for being a part of my life, if only a small part!
    --Virginia Werner

    ReplyDelete