Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Revelation of God's Love

I borrowed these words from a page on Facebook. They come from David Wilkerson.

The Bible is filled with the truth of God's love. But at times, I allow myself to wonder how the Lord could ever love me. It's not that I doubt His love, it's more a failure on my part to keep myself in the knowledge and assurance of His love for me.

Understanding the love of God is the secret to an overcoming life. Multitudes grow spiritually cold and lazy because they're ignorant of the Lord's love for them. They don't know that their greatest weapon against Satan's attacks is to be fully convinced of God's love for them.

How long has God loved you? He's loved you since He has existed, because God is love. It is His very nature. He loved you as a sinner. He loved you in the womb. He loved you before the world began. There was no beginning to His love for you, and there is no end to it.

I needed these words this week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm posting this on Facebook; but thought I'd share it here first. I don't normally think about comparing my faith walk, but when it's been a tough year, I do sometimes, so comparing it to last year. When the devil elevates you, making you feel good about yourself -- he sets you up for a fall, and sets you up to dare you to make the wrong choice. When God elevates us, HIS grace sustains us! Compare this weeks Spiritual journey with this time last year?? Does satan have the same kind of stronghold on you as he did then or is God still sustaining us? He has held us in His arms while we've gone through some tough battles, but HIS grace has been sufficient. (You've been here to see Brook get get all green lights from the doctor - praise God). God has to hide things from us until He knows we're in a certain Spiritual place where He feels He's ready to give us more. I praise His that he has given you so much more time than the doctor's 'planned'; but we know they don't know the MASTER'S plan. I've watched you (I realize you wonder how sometimes if I don't see you) -- but through other people's eyes, through what you post, through your blog here, etc., and I thank God you and Randy and your children are allowing God to let yourselves be used by Him. And I'm sure you have certainly had more 'famiily' time than you would have if things wouldn't have happened in the way in which they have.

    --Love you and your family, Virginia Werner

    This is what we need to listen to:

    Revelation 4:1 (New International Version, ©2011)

    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”

    ReplyDelete