Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jamaica

Randy and I have returned from our all-inclusive "second" honeymoon from Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was my first trip outside the U.S. We stayed at the Grand Palladium Hotel and Resort (built on 2008). It was truly GRAND! The resort had 10 restaurants, not including snack bars here and there. There were several pools and beach areas adjacent to the Caribbean sea. I ate "jerk" chicken for the first time...yum yum. Temps were generally in the low 80's. We had rain one afternoon for a couple of hours. (Back home in time for the impending blizzard.) One day we took a 6-hour bus trip thru Lucea and Negril. I was overwhelmed by the poor living conditions Jamaicans call home. We truly are blessed! We ended the day at Rick's Cafe watching the sunset. I am grateful to have spent this time with my best friend/husband, Randy. He has been my rock these past 11 months. I am so glad for the memories we made together on this trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment