Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer is Here...

It's been awhile since my last update. Upon my completion of a 4-week break from radiation/chemo, a follow-up MRI was done on Monday. Today, Randy and I met with both the radiation and chemo doctors. The MRI was "messy" (his term, not ours), which is typical after surgery to remove the tumor, followed then by chemo and radiation. Within in the next week, I will begin a chemo maintenance program. My white blood cell count is not in the range it should be, so I will continue with weekly lab work to monitor its numbers.

There has been a song a Facebook "friend" of mine has had posted on her Facebook page recently. The songs reminds me that God sometimes calms the storm in our lives, and sometimes He just rides them with us.

"I will praise you in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am...and every tear I've cried, you hold in your hand, you never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I WILL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM." Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment