Friday, February 24, 2012

The Prayer

If you know anything about Randy and I, you know how important music is in our lives. I had a Facebook friend post a link today: Katharine McPhee (my all-time most favorite American Idol contestant) and Andrea Bocelli performing a duet of "The Prayer." It is stunning! (check it out on godvine.com)

Nonetheless, here are some of the lyrics of that song:

I pray you'll be our eyes
and watch us where we go
and help us to be wise
in times when we don't know.
Let this be our prayer.
When we lose our way
lead us to the place,
guide us with your grace,
to a place where we'll be safe.

I pray we find your light
and hold it in our hearts
when stars go out each night.
Let this be our prayer.
When shadows fill our day
lead us to a place,
guide us with your grace,
give us faith so we'll be safe.

This is my prayer TODAY and every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment