Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, has been an annual tradition in the United States since 1863. Thanksgiving is historically a religious observance to give thanks to God. Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. While it may have been religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday. HOW SAD!

I, for one, could not enjoy the festivities tomorrow if I did not stop to ponder on all I have to be thankful for. While 2010 has not been like any other year in my life, I cannot help but reflect on all that God has done these past 8 months. "Thank you" seems so in adequate.

This week is a chemo week (pill) for me. I also have an Avastin treatment later this morning. So far, so good.

Looking forward to being with family this week. All the good food won't be so bad either...:-)

Take time to reflect on all the blessings in your life.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my father-in-law TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment