Thursday, April 1, 2010

HERE WE GO...

A good friend suggested we set up this blog in order for you to walk through this journey with us. My computer-savvy daughter, Brooke, is helping me in a computer world I know very little about. Thanks, darlin'!

Randy and I met with the both Oncologists (chemo and radiation) this week. After meeting with the Radiation Oncologist on Wednesday, we left with a sense of hope. PTL! While he does not minimize the severity of the type of brain tumor I have, which, unfortunately, is becoming more prevalent in adults, he shared so many positives about my particular circumstances. He was encouraged by the early recognition of symptoms, and the quick response of my family physician to follow through with additional testing. The size and placement of my tumor was best-case scenario. He thought Dr. Schnittker's, my neurosurgeon, removal of the tumor was very thorough. He says I have youth and overall good health in my favor. All in all, he thinks I will respond to treatment very well. I learned today treatment will begin next Wednesday, April 7th. It will be a six to six-and-a half week process, Monday thru Friday. At that point, I will get a four-week reprieve. After that, I will begin a maintenance regiment.

God is definitely working...He's hearing all our prayers. Don't stop praying yet, because God's not finished yet.

~~Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome that you can do the updates on the blog!! Sounds like a very positive report from the radiation oncologist!! I'll be praying as you begin your treatments. Hope you have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete