Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Wedding Bells for Brad and Holly

I decided to get a pedicure today for Brad and Holly's upcoming nuptials.  I ran in to a former employer's wife while I was there.  It made me think about neglecting my blog.

Things (physically) are status quo, so I guess it leaves me thinking, what is there to share?  Scans continue to be clear (next one at the end of June), and most days, I feel completely normal.  I guess that would depend on your definition of normal, but for me, it's good.

I would be amiss not to share my heart, especially this week.  Three years ago when I received my diagnosis, I did not know if I would be here now.  Statistics would have said "no," but statistics have nothing to do with God's plan.

In our Cancer Support Group, there was a chapter we discussed that talked about making a list of things/events we wanted to be here for.  At the top of my list was Brad's wedding, even though at that time, he had not even met Holly.

On Friday, I will enjoy watching my entire family (Randy, Brooke, Glen, Logan, Savannah, and Chloe) participate in the ceremony.  I will be the "Proud Mother of the Groom!"

I would say I'm a lucky girl, but to be completely honest, luck has nothing to do with it.  Thanks be to my Heavenly Father for bestowing these blessings on me.

P.S.  By the way, status quo is fine by me!!






No comments:

Post a Comment