Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'M BACK ON STEROIDS

About a week ago, I started developing some weakness/loss of strength in my left hand/arm. My upcoming MRI and follow-up doctor's appt's. were immediately pushed up. The MRI was inconclusive (great, huh?). It was determined that something (fluid, scar tissue, or even a recurring tumor) was creating pressure, resulting in my hand/arm trouble. He immediately put me back on steroids hoping it will reduce any swelling and, therefore, improve my mobility. I have had only two doses thus far, and I can already see a "slight" improvement. I hope to be arm wrestling in a week. :-)

Because we cannot rule out a recurring tumor, treatment must proceed as if it has. That will entail IV Chemo Therapy once every two weeks. (1/2 day).

We also will making a trip to the IU Med center in Indy and possibly Duke University for consults and possible alternate treatments or studies. My Aunt Pam has put me in contact with a Dr. Alan Friedmam at DUKE. You should check out this man/doctor...he is doing AMAZING things!!!

Would appreciate your continued prayers...a lot will be taking place over the next two weeks. Could not get thru this journey without you.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Peggy! God is greater than any illness--and He is working through medical teams across America, making great strides in the fight against cancer. We have more hope today than ever before that we will live to see our grandbabies grow up! :-)

    Rejoice in every shred of hope! I loved your comment that you will be arm wrestling in a week!!!

    What a precious/gorgeous family you have! I love seeing the pictures of you and Randy and the kids. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Our prayers cover you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updated post Peggy. Your strength (the Lord in you) is incredible!!! I know there are days when you don't feel the strength but I see it in you. I'll be continuing to hold you all up in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete